Saturday, June 2, 2012

Teachers Gifts #3

I've shown two different ways to embellish mass-made purchased cards.  This is an easy way to get a handmade gift.  You can see them here and here.   I also made some cards "from scratch" using Claudine Hellmuth's new collection of stickers, rub-ons, and laser-cut wood pieces.
3D Stickers came in an adorable chipboard suitcase
Rub-ons came with a big selection of designs.  
Originally I had visions of making vignettes like Claudine does, but then I saw this card by Julie Ebersol.    I couldn't stop thinking about it.  Julie used a product I didn't have because I didn't have those boots and those boots are something else.  But I still wanted to make something in the same spirit as her card. 
By Julie Ebersol
Source: www.papertrufflez.com
This first set is a sample of what I made using the wooden laser cut pieces.   I used watercolor-paper cards and Distress Stains to color the background.  Then I added Washi Tape, the wooden pieces, and rub-on letters to make silly words.  The letters came with the rub-on collection. 
 This set shows the cards I made using the 3D stickers and rub-ons.   The "thanks" card with the cityscape is the only design I are that was made purely from rub-ons.  I added a variety of rub-ons and 3D stickers to the rest of the cards which were made on regular white A2 cardstock.
For the teachers' gifts I simply grabbed 10 random cards and packaged them in a cute little bag.  Stop by tomorrow to see the packaging.

I have Linked to the following Linky Parties


Laters Baby….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...