Monday, June 11, 2012

Compendium Challenge Week 9

It is week 9 of Linda's Compendium of Curiosity Challenge.  If you haven't been following this fun challenge it is run by Linda at Studio L3 using Tim Holtz's latest book A Compendium of Curiosity Vol 2.  This week's product is the Pocket Watch page 35.  As always we are not discussing the techniques that come from the book in order to protect Tim's intellectual property.  The book is fantastic and readily available.  For an autographed copy directly from Tim click here.  Simon Says Stamp is offering a $25 gift certificate for one randomly drawn winner.

Right now my studio is  all about the 4th of July and Red, White and Blue and my pocket watch certainly reflects this.

For this most Patriotic Project I used a piece of 4th-of-July paper from Tim's Paper Stash Seasonale.  I used the smallest scale piece.  The star is a stick pin (I cannot remember who makes them).  I lopped about a half an inch of the pin off the end and then sent the rest through my Xyron Sticker Maker.  I sprinkled the star with my Gilded Girls Stash Society Signature Glass Glitter Mix  (it is a gold/silver combination).   The pen nib has a small piece of Navy Seam Binding simply tied in a sweet knot and the "4" game piece is Idea-ology.

I'm always so intimidated to actually do a Pocket Watch because the inside is so small it really limits my creativity but I always like what I end up with.

This project was linked to the following Linky Parties:
Twigg Studios
Watch Out Martha
Laters Baby….

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Danee! I love how the pen nib acts kind of like a shelf for the bingo chip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danee, I love the patriotic theme! The 4th of July is one of those holidays that I usually don't craft for. Both your pocket watch and your post on the rosettes and sparklers have me itching to make something red, white and blue! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...