Saturday, June 9, 2012

Create Tag: Repurposed Packaging

Last week on Linda's Stuido L3 Compendium challenge we did Repurposed Packaging.
The tag that I linked was this tongue-in-cheek Umbrella Man with a plastic-alcohol inked- umbrella. 
But the first tag that I made was actually this Sewing-esque design.   I inked the background using several colors of Distress Ink-I think I used Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Spun Sugar- and flicked water all over the card.    
The Stamps are from Tim Holtz's collection with Stampers Anonymous Haberdashery.  The Pattern stamp was inked with American Crafts Silver Pigment Ink.  The dress form was inked with black Archival Ink.  
The letters spelling "CREATE" were cut from repurposed plastic packaging using Tim's WordPlay die and my Vagabond.  The letters were then inked using pink and silver metallic alcohol ink.  I applied the inks using the Ink Applicator tool.
Using an old pattern tissue I created the ruffle on the right edge and applied the letters haphazardly along the edge- sometimes spilling over onto the ruffle.  
As always, the seam biding was dyed with Glimmer Mists and dried with a heat gun to keep the wrinkles. 
The final embellishments were added to make more of a lady- a simple pearl necklace made from small flatback pearls and a single rose cut from Idea-ology Trimmings. 


.
Laters Baby….

2 comments:

  1. Love the rainy day man. Adorable! Come by for a giveaway!
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/06/three-guesses-wins-prize.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE how you did the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...