Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Version of the May 12 Tags of 2012

Tim Holtz has done a 12 Tags of Christmas for the last 3 or 4 years.  So much fun…he whips out 12 tags in 12 days during December, then he expects all of us to whip out tags using his inspiration.  If we managed to make them, photograph them, edit them AND get them posted... we can win things.  Right…who has time during Christmas to make complicated tags using lots of techniques and specific Tim products? I never did.  I enjoyed watching his tutorials and videos...but I was purely spectator.   This year, Tim switched it up to a tag a month.  Now that makes more sense.  Rather than having ONE super busy month to make all the tags, we have a month to make EACH tag.  

I haven't made any of the tags….until now.   

Here is Tim's Tag for May:
Source Tim Holtz Blog
Here is my tag:

I LOVE the little dress form with the Pattern Tissue skirt.  Swoon.
The faux Porcelain flowers are an interesting technique.  Tim used Prima Paper flowers dipped in UTEE.  I used vintage paper roses that arrived in my box of vintage goodies from the Gilded Stash Society that arrived this week.  Lucky me.  
I have to say I had a great time with this challenge.  Of course I love me some Tim Holtz so it is fun to post something on his blog that he might actually see….fingers crossed.

Linked to the Following Linky Parties:
Twigg Studios
Laters Baby….

4 comments:

  1. Love your tag, I too like his monthly tag idea, much better than the Christmas time. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag. Love how you used the label from the spool of thread! Your flowers turned out lovely! Love the skirt on the dress form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag, Danee. Love the skirt and that beautiful ribbon around her waist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I've come to you through Tim's blog...really LoVe your fresh take on Tim's Tag & have had a loVely browse through your blog, you've created some loVely inspiring pieces I'd like to see more of your crafty makes...Mel :)
    I'm your new follower...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...