Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 12 Tags of 2016

Ugh, this summer is flying by and as someone how hates the school year-I don't sleep well so early mornings are painful-I live for summer. But time marches forward.

Tim Holtz's July Tag was so fun to make. I actually made a few versions but today I will post my favorite.  I guess it all goes down from here?

As always I will show you Tim's tag:

This tag was so hard for me and then I ended up making so many. My biggest problem was lack of direction following skills. I started by watercoloring painting a bunch of imagines and not realizing that I had to cover the image with Tim's Distress Glaze and then cover the entire tag with a watered down Distress Ink wash. I will show you a version later that is a complete mess up because I ended up splattering lots of colors in the background and couldn't Glaze over it. 

This tag started out shaky, but ended so beautifully.  I painted the butterfly using Tim's Distress Inks and  let it dry, used the Distress Glaze.  I used a gold watercolor wash over the entire card then a layer or watered down Broken China Distress Ink.  I inked the entire tag and the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and I love the effect the three colors gave-gold, blue, brown.  The Vintage Photo was applied using a Mini Blending Tool.  I dripped water on to the Distress Ink to get that perfect mottled look I can't live without.
The tag was finished with sentiments made using Tim's Alterations individual AlphaNurmeric dies to spell out "FLY FREE" and "forever" from the Handmade Love die set.  "forever" was cut from a piece of cardstock I printed completely black on a Laser Printer and then foiled using Heidi Swapp Minc, rose gold foil.  I adore the Minc and cannot live without foiling everything in site.  I have a lot of fun things to photograph and get on here and my Instagram.

I finished off the butterfly by adding a Idea-ology Pen Nib covered in copper metallic embroidery floss. 

If you aren't following me on Instagram why not? I post a lot of my projects there so come find me DaneePKaps. 

Laters.....

21 comments:

  1. Distress inks are all about experimentation and your practice and determination really paid off with this tag--it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Danee, I will also check you out on Instagram, thanks AK

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is stunning!! I love that butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so beautiful! Great subtle color and pattern! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad this lovely tag received such recognition! Congrats on your win with Tim! Yay for you!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful take on Tims tag. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really very beautiful tag! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is THE most beautiful tag I've seen this month! I'm in love with your watercoloring and the copper thread adds a tremendous punch! Winner, Winner, WINNER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just linked mine up and saw your's again...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! great to see your tag amongst the winners. Congrats xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tim's got great taste! Congratulations on your very, very well deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this one!! So pretty! Congratulations on your win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the win! Your tag is absolutely lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tag reminds me of a spa. You realize how much work must be going on in order to for it to be so enjoyable; but it is so soothing and you can hear it speak to you that you forget about it and enjoy the moment. It definitely feels from the heart. Thanks for sharing and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your win! Your tag is so perfect, I love the colours. The butterfly with the nib body is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag! I love the butterfly, how you coloured it, beautiful! Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Beautiful tag & I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...