Friday, February 24, 2012

Fun Cards…..Day 7

I end my Tim-Holtz Homage with a very masculine birthday card.  This card will be submitted to the Paper Crafts Magazine Stamping Royalty contest.   I started with the green handwriting paper from the 7 Gypsies 6x6 paper pak Avignon.  I stamped the map from Tim Holtz's Air Travel  (Stampers Anonymous) using black Archival ink on cream cardstock.  The map was cut out close to the edges and layered on the card.  The airplane from Air Travel was stamped onto kraft paper using the same black Archival ink.  The airplane is attached using the foam tape it pop it off the page.  Finally I stamped the compass using Embossing Ink on kraft paper and embossed it with Zing Embossing Powder in Metallic Gold.  I used a big circle punch- I'm not sure what the size is.  The letters to spell "happy birthday" are old typewriter key stickers that I have had forever.  I used PopDots to pop them off the page like the airplane.  The finishing touch is the "spine" of Tim Holtz's Journeyman Tissue Tape which I won from Tim during his 12 Tags of Christmas contest.  Simply add a comment and he picks a random winner.  I won on my birthday!


This is the final card that I made this week.  I am sure I will be making more…it's been a long time since I made a bunch of cards and I forgot how much I like it.  I do have to start on my Chandelier for Sally Jean's Chandy-Ella class.  Everyone else has their frame done so I need to get going.  The techniques she taught for making the panels that cover the frame are amazing and I cannot wait to get started on that part of it.

Laters….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...