Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fun Cards…Day 5

The first of my 3 masculine, Tim Holtz cards is one of my favorites because I adore the colors.  Purple, tan, black…so pretty but so masculine as well.

This card started again with a piece of brown cardstock from one of Tim' Holtz's Idea-ology Paper Stash.  I inked the edges using Frayed Corduroy Distress Ink.  The polka dots were made the same way as the book page dots except I used a piece of Tim Holtz Paper Stash Resist that I sprayed with Pomegranate Glimmer Mist.  Both the polka dots and the seam binding were sprayed with the Pomegranate.  Because the Stash Resist is a kraft paper and the seam binding was white they came out looking different.  

After I added the polka dots to the card I stamped the large background stamp from the Stamper's Anonymous Steampunk Cling Mounted set.  It is a page from a technical book or something  I used Black Archival ink and the regular kraft paper.  The edges were distressed with a distress tool- I have one from Making Memories that came in a kit but Tim has one you can buy individually. I attached this piece using my sewing machine.  The word and are attached with foam tape. 

The butterflies are from the Pappilon set and the pointing finger  is from the Steampunk set.  I attached the butterflies using two Idea-ology small brads.  The final- but my favorite- embellishment is one of the Idea-ology Pen Nibs wrapped with the Pomegranate Glimmer Misted seam binding.
Tomorrow a cool Tag.

Laters…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...