Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fun Cards Day 1

I have decided to make some cards and enter some card contests and submit some for publication.  I have submitted a few cards in the past (as in the long ago past) and 3 of the 4 were published.  Why haven't I submitted since? I have no idea really.

Here is my first card:
I'm entering it in the Paper Crafts Magazine "Stamping Royalty" contest under the Hello category.  I made a simple card- Hello just seems like a simple category doesn't it?

The A2 size card is made from kraft card stock.  The edges were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I stamped with 2 sizes doily stamp from October Afternoon with white pigment ink.  The flower is made using Tim Holtz Tissue.  This tissue has a very unique texture allowing it to hold it's crisp shape.  The center is a vintage button.  The blue seam binding was tied into a simple bow.  The small tag that reads "Hello" was made with a white card stock, the same doily stamp and white Radiant Pearls.  I stamped "Hello" using black Archival Ink and small alphabet stamps.  The edges were inked very lightly with Black Distress Ink just so it would show against the background.

Come back tomorrow I have several more cards to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...