Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cards….Day 2

For my second card in the Hello catagory I made another doily card but instead of simple this one is full of texture and ephemera.
I began with the same Kraft card stock but used several colors of Distress Ink to darken it and add lots of texture.  I used Antique Linen, Tea Dye, and Vintage Photo inks.  I stamped the October Afternoon doilies, again in 2 sizes, using Embossing Distress Ink and clear embossing powder.  In the center of each doily I attached a self-adhesive, flat-back pearl.  The white seam binding was sprayed with Marshmallow Glitter Mist and dried using a heat gun while holding the ribbon all scrunched up. 
The dangles are a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trinket Pin, a bird from the Adornment Charms, and a rectangle Fragment.  I attached a piece of vintage lace to the back of the Fragment using Glossy Accents.  The jump rings are Tim's as well.  I also added a small Swarovski crystal from my stash. 
The letters spelling "HELLO" or actually "hello" are die cut from Tim's Alterations Alphabetical die and vintage book paper.  Each letter was carefully inked using Vintage Photo and a Ranger Inkssentials Craft Nib.  I used foam tape behind the letters to pop them off the page. 

Tomorrow brings another card….

Laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...