Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rudolph and Santa Sleigh Decor

I am working on a long post showing my December Daily but since I somehow managed to skip 5 pages when I was taking pictures I need another day.  In the mean time  I wanted to show a quick project that I did.

Last year when everything Christmas was on clearance I stocked up on cheap wooden items.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them and frankly I hate sanding so it probably wasn't the best purchase.  They are made of such cheap wood and the edges drive me nuts-o.  I won't be purchasing anymore but I have to use up what I have.  I covered both sides with Basic Grey's Wassail collection.  I love the colors with the brown and red as well as the simple design that looks fabulous on my two reindeer.
I gave Rudolph a red rhinestone nose.  How divine!  Rudolph's paper has large swirls and smaller highlight dots that I enhanced by adding pearls in several different sizes to correspond to the size of the actual dot.  I inked the entire piece with Pumice Stone Distress and added Martha Stewart Fine Glitter in White Gold-my favorite color- to the hooves, inner ear and antlers. 
Dancer is dressed in a Toile pattern that I highlighted with pale apricot rhinestone. He also got the glitter treatment with the White-Gold and was inked with Pumice Stone.

Santa's sleigh is all ready for the trip.  I adore the red paper that I used.  The edges are inked with Fire Brick Distress. The sleigh's runners are glittered with Martha Stewart Fine Glitter in Gold. 
The entire piece is connected using tinsel that I bought at Apothecary last year.   I will probably add to this piece later so you may see it again.

Laters….

2 comments:

I love reading your comments...