Sunday, December 11, 2011

My "Spark"ly Christmas

I did a quick, last-minute, sign up for Margie Romney-Aslett's Spark Your Christmas online class and it changed my life…or at least my living room decorations.  For the last few years i have been all about the red and white stripes and polka dots, santa suits, and candy canes.  While I still love that look- in fact my outside display is still all about snowflakes and candy canes, I went all white.
2010 Holiday Mantle
What a difference a year makes!  Just as with my 2011 Halloween mantle,  I finally realized year that over-doing it is the way to get a professional looking display.  Over-doing it to the point that there is literally no room for anything else.  Frankly, now that I see a picture of it,  I can't believe I thought the mantle looked good last year!

2012 is all about the WHITE.  White white, snow white, cream, beige, winter white… all with a touch of silver-glitter and mercury glass- and aqua.  Remember my teal decorated (faux) mercury glass vases (above) and candlesticks (to right)?  I decided to use those as well to bring in a little color.  It also gives me an excuse to use a cool teal MS glitter that I love…just a little, along with my favorite White Gold glitter. 

I have to take pictures when the sun is out (meaning before 3:00 pm) and not shining directly in on the camera when I stand exactly where I need to to get a good shot.   Hopefully that will be tomorrow.  In the mean time, I shall leave you with this sneak peak of one of the decorations I made for said mantle…

Laters...

1 comment:

I love reading your comments...