Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tissue Poinsettia Tag Tutorial: Tag Ideas #4 & 5

Tim Holtz released the Alterations Tattered Poinsettia die.  While I was playing around with it I grabbed some tissue paper that had arrived in a Christmas gift I had ordered.  I was curious to see what the flower would look like made with the gorgeous maroon tissue paper.

To begin I ran the die through my Vagabond with 4 layers of Tissue paper sandwiched between two layers of cardstock.  I used the cardstock petals for another project but I wanted the stability of the cardstock to protect the delicate tissue paper as it moved through the Vagabond and it worked like a charm.
The tissue paper is pretty but I need something to give it some texture…Glimmer Mist never hurt anything right?  I sprayed the petals (yes, I know they are really Poinsettia leaves) with Silver Glimmer Mist.  Be sure to spray on to something that is nonstick because the petals are very fragile once they are saturated will want to rip. 
 Ignore the mess on my desk…I need mess to create…it's part of my process…
I used a heat gun to dry them- it was quicker and I think it helped create and keep the wrinkles and texture I was looking for.
I will be honest- I hate this 3-In-1 Glue as well as ZipDry Glue.  But I had it on hand and it worked for this project.  Hot glue would work as would glue dots.  Begin by placing a small dot where you want the center of the flower to be. 
Ideally you would prep the tag by adding ink BEFORE you make the flower but I was a dork and didn't.  Because the petals are so fragile it was easy to move them out of the way to add ink after the flower was complete.  
 The die makes 3 petals in 3 sizes.  Begin by laying down the largest petal and add a dot of glue in the cents and attach the middle-size petal.  Be sure to off-set the petals so they aren't stacked on top of each other.  Add a glue dot….
 …and attach the smallest petal to the top.
 The die comes with a center piece but you can also use your imagination and add other items to the center.  I added a pretty Prima Faceted Crystal to this one.  You can add glitter, buttons, jewels, bells, pearls, rhinestones, glittered chipboard…
For this tag I used a square Jolee's gold rhinestone.  I added the seam binding bow, Idea-ology Word Key, plastic crystal and Washi Tape on the bottom.
This second tag has the seam binding bow, a stamped ticket (tutorial here), the greenery from Tattered Pinecone Die, Idea-ology Hinge Clip, Prima Faceted Crystal and Recollection Pearls.

This post was linked to the following Linky Parties:
Twigg Studios

Laters Baby….

2 comments:

I love reading your comments...