Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Skeleton Picture Home Decor

Happy Halloween
This is my final project for Halloween 2012.   I cannot believe how fast this year is going! 
 This starts as simply a cheap Frame from Target.   I pulled the glass out and used it to play with Alcohol Ink Resist.
This was a Compendium challenge a few weeks ago.  I made this tag:
Which gave me an idea….

Thankfuly Tim has a tutorial on his blog here.
I used the Skeleton from Stamper's Anonymous Haunted Mansion and the script from Apothecary.  The alcohol inks are Black, orange, small amount of a dark blue.  
I wanted to Halloween-ify the frame but you know I haven't felt good and I really wanted to get this up.

I glued the glass to a piece of patterned paper to protect it.  Otherwise the ink could be scratched off.

This could be taken so many other ways for Halloween….Imagine on the front of a mirror as a temporary decor item….Use another layer of glass instead of paper to sandwich the ink between then tape the edges using foil tape.  For Christmas  I can envision the mirror with snowflakes…To think I never used alcohol ink until a few weeks ago.


Laters Baby….

1 comment:

I love reading your comments...