Thursday, October 18, 2012

Faux Vintage Halloween Tags

Ha….faux vintage….I made that up…I think.
So…I played around with Distress Embossing Powder.  I used Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon Distress inks.  The Ripe Persimmon is very vibrant and made the card really pop.  AFter the ink dried I rubbed my Embossing Distress Ink over the front of the card.  After sprinkling the wet ink with Black Soot Distress Powder it is important to really FLICK the tag over the garbage to get rid of a lot of the powder.  After melting Distress Embossing Powder you must rub the "releasing crystals" away leaving the distressed looking powered.  I inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. 
The Seam Binding was dyed with Glimmer Mist. The center image  is from Tim's Paper Stash Kraft Seasonal.  I layered it with a piece of patterned paper with various words and the black velvet on black paper.  All edges were inked with Black Soot.  The bottom trim is the edge cut from a decorative paper.   The Muse Token is from the Halloween Muse set. 

The second tag was started the exact same way as the previous one.  I layered the  same papers and they were also inked with Black Soot Distress.

I added the crepe paper ruffle (crepe paper from the party rolls sold everywhere, redline tape layer along bottom edge on back of tag and crepe gathered as it is pressed into the tape.)  I cut off any ragged edges after I am done. You can also adjust the desired length simply by cutting it after it is taped down. The Black Tinsel Twine was glued over the top with Glossy Accents.
The Seam Binding was dyed with Glimmer Mist (I cannot remember the color of the orange spray); the Black was sprayed with Raven.

Laters Baby….
This post was linked to the following Linky Parties:
Twigg Studios
I Gotta Try That

1 comment:

I love reading your comments...