Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sneak Peak

I haven't forgotten about you.  I started writing a post which is taking longer than I intended.  And yes, I am fully aware that all most of my posts are verbose.  Let's just put it out there…. I talk a lot.  Whew, I feel better.  You?

This tendency toward wordiness is not something that sprouted with social media. Oh no I have a long history with the gab.  Twitter is a constant struggle for me with its 140 characters?  Are you kidding me!?!  Thankfully blogging gives me free rein to talk all I want.  My blog= my posts…. and they can be as long as I want them to be.  Bwa hahahaha.

My gift for gab not only pre-dates my blog, it predates The Information Super Highway Who remembers when they called the internet, The Information Super Highway?  I digress, I was telling you about my proclivity for verbiage…  I have been told that I am a Story Teller….which I believe is a nice way of saying "you have a big mouth" aka a talker aka chatty cathy...Once- long, long ago-during a midnight-7am shift at Duke Hospital (I'm a nurse) at….oh, about 4am….I was doing my usual talk and talk and talk.  Suddenly it dawned on me that I was the only one talking.  I stopped long enough to listen for an answer to my question "why aren't you talking?" (did you see that?  I understood that I had to stop talking if I wanted to hear them talk).  A fellow nurse named Amy nonchalantly replied "you are a story teller and I'm not".   Oh….okay….is that bad?  Probably at 4am it is!

That conversation occurred 15 years ago yet it's obvious that nothing has changed, except now rather than failing to keep my mouth shut, I can't keep my fingers from floating over the keyboard pressing keys at the speed of light (ever seen me type?  I"m am ridiculously fast and ridiculously inaccurate).

As proof of my wordiness issue I give you this post.  It was supposed to be a quick clue and a mysterious picture to tease you into returning and yet it is turning into a multi-paragraph explosion of verbal diarrhea.  

This is a teaser for my upcoming post regarding a very exciting event that occurred in NYC.  While in the city I was determined to eat at Top Chef restaurants and to visit one of my favorite people.  Any idea what I did?

Some Clues?
I took Ryann…
We needed tickets…
There was a "dress code"…
There was swag….
It was fascinating and so much fun…
Any guesses? 

Laters Baby…...

2 comments:

  1. I know, Martha Stewart TV show! How cool is that!! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father used to call me Motormouth, so I am totally with you. My students are forever blown away by the speed of my typing and I am usually fairly accurate. But I'm loud on the keyboard. And I do much more of my storytelling on my blog than I do in real life. I talk all day because I'm a teacher and then there never seems to be an audience of my peers who are ready to listen to my stories out loud. So I share them on the INFORMATION SUPER HIGHWAY. Found you at finding the funny!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...