I actually had the idea for this project back when I was working on Brandin's wedding but I had too many projects going and I never got around to making it. When my friends celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary in early August-and requested "no gifts"-I knew this was perfect opportunity to make the frame. Yes, it is a gift, but it is a small gift- so it fit the bill....er...close enough.
- Frame: Look for a frame with a wide flat portion to hold your letters.
- Letters: You can use several different products here- I first planned on using the Idea-ology Alpha Parts but ended up using the letters from Idea-ology Grunge Blocks.
- Ruler- I prefer Tim's Idea-ology Tonic Design Ruler (I love you Tim, but that name is Ridic).
- Glue- I used Glossy Accents because it dries quickly and works on multiple surfaces. Gel Medium would work as well.
- Paint- I used a grey/stone color. In hindsight....I shoulda picked a different color.
- Foam Brush
- Washi Tape or blue painters tape, something low tack
|Idea-ology Grunge Blocks|
2. Get the letters out. The Grunge Blocks are a mishmash of fonts and sizes so I played around and varied the shapes and sizes until I like what I had. Instead of Grunge Block letters, you could use white letter stickers, Alpha Parts, chipboard letters, or letters cut from cardstock using a die cut machine. Just be sure the letters can be painted over so. I want the words to blend in with the background. If you want your words to stand out, then be sure to put them on AFTER you paint the frame.
8. I laid the words out to see if I still liked the layout before any glue came into the area.
Oh look, I found it...
I hope you day is filled with Sunshine and GLITTER