Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pretty Pink Birthday Tag

I made a pretty pink tag for my sister's birthday.  You know, my sister... whose birthday was last month....I made a gorgeous card...YAY ME!....and.... it still sits on my counter.  Not so Yay Me.  I still have Hanukkah gifts from last December waiting to go to my in laws'.  Noticing a pattern here?  There came a point when FedEx'ing them was more embarrassing than keeping them.  I can only hope that getting twice as much this year will help ease any hurt feelings over it.

Back to my card.  It's sorta a big ol' Tim Holtz on a tag if Tim was a pink and frilly girl.  I started with a combination of pink and white Distress Stains and Paints.  I used Picket Fence Distress Paint and Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick Stains.  I added the label collage stamp from Paris Memories using black Archival Ink.  The collage image is quickly becoming one of my favorite images, especially for backgrounds, because it looks so amazing over any color.
After drying the stain/paint mess and adding some Picked Raspberries Distress Ink and flicking on some water droplets, I began the embellish.  And embellish I did.  First, I added 3 rosettes made using Alternations Paper Rosette and Mini Paper Rosettes.  I cut the rosettes from Serenade by Basic Grey.  This line of paper is one of my all time favorites.  Both the patterns and the color palate are spectacular.
I added Tissue Tape and a gorgeous metallic silver Washi Tape from MT.  The pink glitter is Tim's new Distress Glitter in Picked Raspberries.  Honestly, the jury is out on what I think of his glitter.  I love that it doesn't have the static electricity problem that other glitter has. In other words, it doesn't fly all over the place.  But, it isn't nearly as sparkly as Martha's glitter.  I think I will end up loving it; it's just different.  The top rosette has a small piece of Christmas garland glued into the center.  I hit it with the heat gun to curl it up a little.  
The "smile" is a Idea-ology Chit Chat word on a bottle cap cut from Alternations Mini Bottle Cap and Stamp.  I attached a paper star and the bottle cap to Idea-ology Memo Pins and stuck them behind the rosettes.   I made a tiny flag using silver Washi tape and a decorative tooth pick and placed it behind the star.  
The silver glittered stars are Studio Calico Wood Veneer Tiny Stars. I added Martha Stewart Old Gold glitter and glued them randomly on the card with a small dot of Crystal Accents.  The seam binding is 1/4 seam binding from  Zipper Stop.   I colored it using the leftover "mess" from coloring the tag background.  Finally the tab on the left edge is an Idea-ology File Tab.  

Keep your fingers crossed that I will get it mailed before she turns a year older :D

I hope your day is filled with Sunshine and GLITTER. 

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful tag and I'm sure she'll love it whoever she gets it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...