The last item that I made to decorate the party for my friends' 50th Anniversary party is a garland of prize-ribbon rosettes. There are still two project that I made as gifts as well and I will post those later as tutorials.
As much as I LOVE rosettes...and you know I DO love rosettes....I'm head-over-heels for the prize-ribbon rosettes. Maybe I showed horses in another life? Yeah but that doesn't explain why horses scare me a little bit. For whatever some reason, I love the shape of these ribbons and I love making them. So many cool things can be added to the ribbons themselves. Come...let me show you.
|I used a vintage French Book page and some gold metallic paper as the ribbons.|
|The gold glitter "ribbon" adds a perfect amount of sparkle. I added Idea-ology Remanent Rub Ons on the other two ribbons.|
- I was rushing around right before the party and
- I was glueing outside where it was VERY sunny and bright and I
- Just didn't see the little suckers and
- I can't retake the photos now that I see the problem because
- That would entail 50 some odd people (50-ish people... not 50 ODD people...come on work with me here people) coming back to celebrate a fake party just so I could stage some photos.
- So I have to ignore the glue webs.
|More book page and rub ons.|
I took the rest of the garland inside and hung some of it on this focal-point hutch that sits directly across from the dessert set up I showed you here.
|I took this panoramic with my iPhone- the color is a tad off|
|Another rub on and decorative paper|
Hope your day is filled with Sunshine and GLITTER.