Sunday, August 25, 2013

12 Tags of 2013: August

Sorry I have been absent again.  Not feeling super great...or good at all.  But I did managed to get a few projects done including the August tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags.  I cannot believe it is the end of August already.  The kids head back to school after Labor Day here in Michigan- my oldest to HIGH SCHOOL....How did that happen?   No really...HOW. DID. THAT. HAPPEN?  Just yesterday she was talking about Coco-daddy (Coca-Cola) and hoop-da-loops (hoola hoops) and the remote-kemote (remote control).  It's also hard to believe that it is time to start thinking about fall crafting projects to decorate for Halloween and the holidays.  I don't think I like getting older because it just seems to make life speed by that much faster.  And the way I have felt this past year....it isn't because I am having so much fun.

As my kid would say "so.....yeah...."

First Tim's tag:
Source: TimHoltz.com
 And mine:
Since I had the stamp set to make the airplane tag and since I am married to a pilot, I decided to make that one pretty much exactly as Tim did and then go from there.
This month's tag was all about using a mask and I have to admit...whispering that I had the mask material...like the exact same Tim product....and I have had it for EONS...and never even used Shhhh.
Gotta say, it was fun to actually use this technique and product.
I have used masks in the past but it was always a hastily cut out piece of typing paper, sorta held in place-or at least "in the vicinity"- as I went to ink town.  This is much easier.  Check out Tim's post for the specific tutorial.
I love the way the tags look real.  By using the markers to color the stamps it is possible to give it a realistic shipping tag feel (detail below).  And I love how distressed they are.
 I had the hot air balloon set and I used the same map from the airplane set and did another tag.
For my last tag this month I decided to go for it.  I Adore this new Paris Memories set.  Maybe because that pilot husband of mine loves Paris? I used the same techniques to get a French tag.
 Using the mask gives it so much depth.  It makes this tag so much more visually interesting even though I only used ink.  Can you believe it?  I didn't use one. single. embellishment.  What the What? 
It's true.  
 Hope your day is filled with Sunshine and GLITTER.


This post was linked to the following Linky Parties:
Home Stories A to Z
Ninth Street Notions
i am priiincess
The DIYers
Craft It Up and Link It Up

6 comments:

  1. great take on tims tags , they look great, hope you are feeling better soon! x hugs xtrace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tags. Hope you are feeling better soon. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tags. I have a stack of tags waiting for me to get to them. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags needed no embellishment. You really cracked that technique. I wont tell Tim you had to brush the cobwebs off your mask stuff!!! You made me chuckle. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to know what colors of inks you used for the background.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...