Sunday, August 25, 2013

12 Tags of 2013: August

Sorry I have been absent again.  Not feeling super great...or good at all.  But I did managed to get a few projects done including the August tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags.  I cannot believe it is the end of August already.  The kids head back to school after Labor Day here in Michigan- my oldest to HIGH SCHOOL....How did that happen?   No really...HOW. DID. THAT. HAPPEN?  Just yesterday she was talking about Coco-daddy (Coca-Cola) and hoop-da-loops (hoola hoops) and the remote-kemote (remote control).  It's also hard to believe that it is time to start thinking about fall crafting projects to decorate for Halloween and the holidays.  I don't think I like getting older because it just seems to make life speed by that much faster.  And the way I have felt this past year....it isn't because I am having so much fun.

As my kid would say "so.....yeah...."

First Tim's tag:
Source: TimHoltz.com
 And mine:
Since I had the stamp set to make the airplane tag and since I am married to a pilot, I decided to make that one pretty much exactly as Tim did and then go from there.
This month's tag was all about using a mask and I have to admit...whispering that I had the mask material...like the exact same Tim product....and I have had it for EONS...and never even used Shhhh.
Gotta say, it was fun to actually use this technique and product.
I have used masks in the past but it was always a hastily cut out piece of typing paper, sorta held in place-or at least "in the vicinity"- as I went to ink town.  This is much easier.  Check out Tim's post for the specific tutorial.
I love the way the tags look real.  By using the markers to color the stamps it is possible to give it a realistic shipping tag feel (detail below).  And I love how distressed they are.
 I had the hot air balloon set and I used the same map from the airplane set and did another tag.
For my last tag this month I decided to go for it.  I Adore this new Paris Memories set.  Maybe because that pilot husband of mine loves Paris? I used the same techniques to get a French tag.
 Using the mask gives it so much depth.  It makes this tag so much more visually interesting even though I only used ink.  Can you believe it?  I didn't use one. single. embellishment.  What the What? 
It's true.  
 Hope your day is filled with Sunshine and GLITTER.


This post was linked to the following Linky Parties:
Home Stories A to Z
Ninth Street Notions
i am priiincess
The DIYers
Craft It Up and Link It Up

7 comments:

  1. great take on tims tags , they look great, hope you are feeling better soon! x hugs xtrace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tags. Hope you are feeling better soon. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tags. I have a stack of tags waiting for me to get to them. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags needed no embellishment. You really cracked that technique. I wont tell Tim you had to brush the cobwebs off your mask stuff!!! You made me chuckle. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to know what colors of inks you used for the background.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...