Monday, September 17, 2012

Paula's Gratitude Journal

My friend Paula of 2GypsyGirls designed an amazing little Gratitude Journal kit a few months ago and of course I had to have one.  You know that occasionally I like to work on projects from other designers.  I think it's a great way to learn new ways of book binding or embellishing; a good way to try out new products or ephemera that I might not otherwise ever work with; and see things from another angle. 
 The inside cover is a pretty piece of flocked damask paper that I covered with Vintage Photo Distress Ink which aged it perfectly.   
As I was putting this together I texted Paula  to alert her and she sent a text back taunting me that I had to deal with the 100s of pieces in her design.   I thought she was exaggerating.  That is until I tried to find the various pieces that came in the kit…I found parts and pieces all over my desk, on the floor, and on my lap.  No, she wasn't kidding.  There are hundreds of little pieces to this journal, but that is what makes it special and makes it unique to her.  
 I love the tickets used on the end of the short sentiment page.
 The vintage lace and ribbon are fabulous.  See the little vintage pearls on the white lattice lace?  Such a special little touch. 
 More vintage ribbon.  There is nothing as pretty as vintage seam binding and ribbons.
This page really excited me because I copied her color combination and it is something I would never pick but I LOVE it.  Going outside my comfort zone for colors really is what makes it worth the effort.  
 Never saw a glittered embellishment I didn't LOVE.  I think she added this little butterfly just for me!  She sent a little packet of glitter but I didn't even realize it was there so I used my own- Martha Stewart White Gold Fine Glitter.  Perfection. 
 I would have never sewn a strip of rough edged fabric to the edge of a page but I love the look. 

 Again a vintage fabric embellishment that I would not have thought of but I love the layers and the fact that it is just a short embellishment at the bottom edge of the page.
 This tag was aged using Distress Ink and Tim Holtz's Spritz Flick technique - doesn't it look vintage?  
 An entire page made of fabric- sewn onto a narrow piece of cardstock to give some stability.  I would never have thought of it-but it is really a great addition.
One of my favorite pages.  I love the tiny jewelers tag with the small faceted crystal drop and the glittered star all attacked to vintage ribbon and cheese cloth….so many textures.  

Now I have to sit down and journal what I am grateful for. 

Laters Baby….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments...